Our fees vary, depending on the scope of services provided. Consultations around specific issues such as investing, education funding, insurance assessment, etc. can cost $300-$700, though many of our clients come to us for comprehensive financial plans. These plans typically cost $1,800-$2,000 for single/individual and $2,500-$3,000 for couples/families for a planning process that typically lasts two to three months. Some clients prefer to engage in a full 12-month planning cycle of planning, and those fees are structured accordingly.
After the planning process is successfully completed, some of our clients reach out to us later on for "check-ups" which are charged at a $200/hour billable rate, or they opt for a $1,200 annual retainer relationship, which covers as-needed communications, several portfolio review meetings and other planning topics that emerge over the course of the year.
Our clients have questions such as:
- How much should I spend now, and how much should I save to spend later?
- What type of home can I afford?
- Am I saving enough to retire one day?
- How should I invest my savings?
- We just got married. How should we merge our finances?
- How should our plan evolve now that we’re ready to have children?
- What can I do to plan for my child’s education?
- Can we afford to have a stay-at-home parent?
- Can I afford to make a career change?
- Can I afford to retire now?
- Is my family protected if something should happen to me?
We also serve clients who have developed their own expertise but want a professional to confirm they’re on track. Either way, clients know the cost of not taking charge of their finances could be that they won’t be able to live the lives they want.
Here are a few examples of what we see most often:
- Do I have enough saved for retirement?
- When should I begin to draw Social Security?
- Should I roll over my 401(k) or leave it with my employer?
- Should I do a Roth IRA conversion?
- Should I refinance or pre-pay my mortgage?
- Can I afford a vacation home?
- Is my portfolio structured to match my goals and my personality?
- Should I have more exposure to specific investments (i.e. global investments)?